Load- & Capacity Test
A load and capacity test is usually carried out in the operating condition of a battery, but in some cases (e.g. acceptance tests, customer specifications) prior charging treatment is recommended. The test is carried out in accordance with DIN EN 60896-11 and the available manufacturer's data. It serves to evaluate and analyse the battery with regard to its capacity and its behaviour under load over a predefined period of time. This test can be carried out with connected loads (e.g. safety lighting systems) or with an external load (e.g. Torkel). It can be flexibly defined, taking into account customer interest, duration and capacity discharged, as well as the maximum possible discharge currents of the load bank. Furthermore, such a test can be carried out on any battery system.
- Placing and removal of the devices, as well as assembly/disassembly of the load and measurement circuits
- Measuring the total voltage during and at the end of the test
- Measurement of all cell / block voltages during and at the end of the test
- Optionally: continuous single cell measurement over the entire duration
- Check the connectors and screw connections for excessive heat up.
- Measuring the electrical consumer or load current
- Measuring the electrolyte temperature at the end of the test
- Comprehensive assessment of the current state of the battery
- Fault-identification to avoid downtimes
- Proof of warranty claims