Vented lead-acid battery
The OGi bloc batteries are vented stationary batteries with liquid electrolyte (diluted sulphuric acid).
HOPPECKE OGi bloc batteries are based on flat plate design. The special feature of the HOPPECKE OGi bloc product is the around protection of the negative plates by pocket separators. Obtained by the around protection no short circuits are possible any longer by shedded active mass. Therefore OGi bloc batteries are developed for high current applications, but they are even very good in cycling operations. They offer an excellent live expectancy and a maximum safety on operation.
Mostly HOPPECKE OGi bloc batteries are used in safety light applications, engine start- and USV applications.
The design as DIN-product in accordance to DIN 40739 gives highest compatibility by changing existing battery systems or integration in case of enlargement of already existing batteries.
The shock resistant and highly translucent polypropylene container is resistant against all established cleaners and makes a comfortable electrolyte level check possible.
HOPPECKE batteries of the OGi bloc type series have a live expectancy of up to 15 years.
It is recommended to use HOPPECKE OGi bloc batteries with HOPPECKE AquaGen® recombination system to reduce the number of water refill procedures to a minimum and following this even to reduce the maintenance costs. In case of using HOPPECKE OGi bloc batteries with AquaGen® recombination plugs water refilling is drastically reduced, and following this, even a total abdication from maintenance is possible.
- Good high-current capability - low investment costs due to innovative electrode structure
- High expected service life - due to double separation
- Maximum compatibility - design according to DIN 40739
- Higher short-circuit safety even during the installation - based on HOPPECKE system connectors
- Extremely extended water refi ll intervals up to maintenance free - optional use of AquaGen® recombination system minimizes emission of gas and aerosols (similar to sealed lead-acid batteries)
- Railway applications
- Railway control centers
- Signal systems
- Starter batteries for emergency power diesel generators
- Emergency lighting installations