trak | care
Inspection of Traction Batteries
With the help of a technical inspection we map the overall condition of your battery. This gives you a good insight into the current condition of your battery. This overview minimizes the number of failures and hazardous situations and guarantees an undisturbed and safe business process.
- Visual inspection for imperfection, mechanical damages and potential risks
- Visual inspection for damages or oxidative damages of the plug, cable, connector and terminal screws and wear of connector contacts
- Visual inspection of the tray for deformations and electrolyte in the tray
- Visual inspection of the entire Aquafill piping and Aquafill plugs
- Visual inspection of the electrolyte level with Aquafill - plugs or other fill level indicators
- Measurement of the total voltage and all cell voltages
- Measurement of the electrolyte density of single cells
- Creation of a detailed test report and the final counselling interview
Cleaning of Traction Batteries
A clean battery is imperative, not only because of its external appearance, but also to avoid accidents and property damage as well as a shortened service life and availability of the batteries. The cleaning of cell carriers, trays, racks and insulators are necessary to maintain the required insulation of the cells against each other, against ground or foreign conductive parts. In addition, damage caused by corrosion and creeping currents is avoided.
- Battery wet or damp cleaning without deinstallation of cells
- Incl. Suction, return and disposal of cleaning water
A vented battery contains demineralized water in each cell. Together with sulphuric acid, this water ensures that the chemical process functions perfectly. Each cell must be supplied with sufficient water. If the lead plates in the cell are "dry", there is a risk of damage and capacity reduction. It is therefore important to maintain the water level. However, the water evaporates during charging and discharging. To ensure optimum battery performance, it is therefore necessary to check the water level and refill it regularly. This maintains the electrolyte level that connects the positive and negative plates in the battery. It is important that the battery is not overfilled. If the battery is overfilled, it will leak through the fuel filler caps during use and charging.
- Topping up batteries with demineralized water to the appropriate level after the charging process
- For batteries with or without a central topping system e.g, Aquafill
As part of the revision, we put your chargers through their paces. In many countries legally prescribed (e.g. DGUV V3 in Germany), the regular revision guarantees safety for man and machine.
- Re-examination according to DGUV-V3
- Visual inspection of the housing for mechanical damage
- Visual inspection of the charging cable and the plugs for damages
- Record the data of the charger
- Operation test
- Fill out inspection sticker and attach
Between the individual cells of a battery it can come to unacceptably large differences of the cell voltage under maintainance charge. In this case an equalizing or calibration charge is necessary to compensate the differences and to bring all cells back to a consistent voltage level. Other reasons for an equalisation charge may be a deep discharge, sulphation of the battery due to insufficient charging or temperature differences between the cells over a longer period of time. Deviations in electrolyte density or voltage values are also characteristics of a necessary equalizing charge. Such charging is carried out in accordance with the manufacturer's specifications and can be carried out using existing charging technology or with the an external charger.
- Placing and removal of tools and devices
- Delivery, configuration and programming of the charger (external charger only)
- Disconnect battery if necessary - Connect the cell connectors/connecting cables
- Measurement of cell voltages before and after equalisation charging
- Measurement of electrolyte density and temperature before, during and after charging
Would you like to learn more about our product family<br />and the corresponding product portfolio?
- Maximize lifetime of batteries
- Early detection of defects
- Ensure safety for your employees
- Compliance with legal requirements
- Ensure functionality
Typical areas of application:
0.5 MB / pdf-file